Jonathan Cantor, a consultant in the Property Litigation team at Quastels. With a wealth of experience and a proven track record, Jonathan is your trusted advisor for all matters related to real property and landlord and tenant disputes, with a special focus on commercial property dispute resolution.
Jonathan’s expertise lies in handling a wide range of issues within the realm of property litigation. His proficiency includes:
- Commercial Property Disputes: Jonathan specialises in resolving complex disputes related to commercial properties. He is known for his strategic approach and in-depth understanding of the nuances involved in such cases.
- Landlord and Tenant Disputes: Whether you are a landlord facing challenging tenants or a tenant grappling with property-related issues, Jonathan offers comprehensive guidance and effective solutions to protect your interests.
Principle areas of experience
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 opposed and unopposed lease renewals acting for both landlords and tenants with particular experience of opposed renewals under grounds d f and g
- Real estate asset management including recovery of rent, breaches of covenant, variation of leases, rent review, forfeiture and surrender, application for relief from forfeiture, break notices, disputed applications for consent under Landlord and Tenant Act 1988.
- Notices under s146 Law of Property Act 1925 and Leasehold Property (Repairs) Act 1938
- Dilapidation claims, interim and terminal
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 variation of residential leases
- Rent Act 1977 claims for possession and suitable alternative accommodation
- Insolvency Act 1986 drafting statutory demands presentation of winding up and bankruptcy petitions