Whether you are an existing or prospective Work visa holder or an employer wishing to obtain a Sponsorship License in order to hire non-EEA talent for their business, we can assist you with all aspects of your matter.

If you would like to secure a Sponsorship License for your business, please visit our dedicated Corporate Immigration page or read our Guide to Tier 2 Sponsorship for UK Businesses. If you are a current or prospective employee with a Tier 2 Work visa, please do not hesitate to contact our Immigration Advisers with any questions.

Tier 2 Work Visa

If you are from outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you will require a Tier 2 General work visa to be employed in the United Kingdom. If you work for an international business and are being transferred to your company’s UK office, you will need a Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer visa. In either case your existing or prospective employer will need to have a Tier 2 Sponsorship License in order to employ you in the UK.

Generally, you will need to have an offer from a UK company — make sure that they hold a ‘Tier 2 Sponsorship License’ — a government permit that allows businesses to employ nationals from outside the EEA. Most large companies will have one, but please double check with your prospective employer.

Securing an offer from a licensed employer is the key component of your success, but other requirements may apply such as having at least intermediate English skills and funds to cover your initial costs of living in the UK.

With this visa you can apply for settlement after 5 years and bring your family to the UK with you. You can only work for your employer — or another licensed employer if you get an offer from them.

If you are a student in the UK on a Tier 4 General Student visa, you may be able to switch to a Tier 2 visa after you finish your course provided you have an offer from a licensed employer.

Please speak to our Immigration team to learn more.

Tier 2 and Tier 5 Sponsorship License for UK Businesses

UK businesses planning to recruit talent from outside the European Economic Area or Switzerland require a government permit in order to do so. This permit is called a ‘Sponsorship License’ and can be ‘Tier 2’ — for highly skilled long-term staff including company transfers, or ‘Tier 5’ — for temporary workers including volunteers or interns.

The application process is based on the business demonstrating to the Home Office that it is ready to comply with a specific set of employment and immigration regulations.

We are delighted to offer our clients an end-to-end Sponsorship License solution that covers both Corporate/Employment and Immigration aspects of hiring foreign talent.

Please speak to our Corporate Immigration team to learn more or visit our dedicated Corporate Immigration page.