Who we are
His focus is always to find the best solution for the issues you face. He acts for businesses and individuals in a range of disputes, particularly those which are important and/or complicated.
Robert has extensive international experience being involved in advising, managing and monitoring litigation or arbitration overseas, or working with overseas lawyers or clients who require assistance with English law or procedure. His background includes the full range of dispute resolution, from small to multi-million claims, as well as jurisdictional disputes and anti-suit matters.
In addition, he has delivered various courses from Handling International Claims to Witness Familiarisation and Courtroom Confidence – skills for expert witnesses and lay persons to maximise their proficiency when appearing before a court or tribunal.
Having commenced his legal career as a Barrister, Robert is able to handle cases throughout every stage of litigation. Robert became a Partner at Quastel Midgen LLP in July 2016.
Robert’s cases include:
- $50+ million claim following an explosion at a South African coal powered power-station;
- $40+ million professional negligence claim for a gold mine in Papua New Guinea that suffered business and property losses;
- £20+ million claim asserting fraud and dishonesty;
- Handling a variety of commercial disputes, often incorporating contractual provisions and/or jurisdictional issues (for example a $65+ million matter concerning the alleged loss of an oil rig and anti-suit issues); and
- Resolving numerous cases by mediation, without prejudice meetings, and negotiation.